MISSISSIPPI AREA ENVIROTHON COMPETITION RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Only students enrolled in grades 9-12 during the current competition school year are eligible to participate and compete in the Mississippi Envirothon Competition. Each team is allowed one alternate.
- Each team will consist of five members from the same school/organization. Students from the same school district’s junior high may be included if eligible by grade.
- Each school/organization may send a maximum of four teams to the area competition. Each team must consist of members from the same school, organization or association. There may only be two FFA Envirothon teams per school unless there are no academic or other teams, in which case there may be four FFA teams or four academic/other teams. Each advisor may only have two teams registered at the area level.
- Once the competition has begun, advisors, sponsors, teachers, alternates or parents must stay in the designated area. No communication is allowed between team members and advisors, sponsors, teachers, alternates or parents. Violation of this rule will result in disqualification of the team.
- At the registration table at the Area Competition, you will be asked to finalize your team’s/teams’ list of members’ names and alternate’s/alternates’ name(s). Changes to your team can be made up to this point.
- All teams advancing to the state competition will be required to use the same team members and alternate member(s) that competed in the Area Competition.
- Substitution of an alternate(s) for the state competition must be approved by the Mississippi Envirothon Steering Committee. A written request must be received at least seven days prior to the state competition. Mississippi Envirothon Steering Committee will be contacted to approve the alternate substitution. Mail written request to: Mississippi Envirothon, P.O. Box 23005, Jackson, MS, 39225-3005, Attn: Clay Burns or Chelsey Gazaway.
- The Mississippi Envirothon State winning team will attend flexible training opportunities provided by the State Coordinator for the National Conservation Foundation (NCF) Envirothon. The Mississippi Envirothon Coordinators will work with the team’s schedule.