The MACD Endowment Fund 2020 Scholarship Criteria:
The Scholarship deadline is October 1, 2020
- Mississippi sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate students currently enrolled in college may apply.
- The Scholarship may be used at a two-year junior college or a four-year college in Mississippi.
- A student can defer the scholarship to be used at a later date. The scholarship funds must be claimed within eight years of the applicant’s high school graduation date.
SCHOLARSHIPS: 1st place – $5,000; 2nd place – $5,000; 3rd place – $5,000; 4th place – $5,000; 5th place – $5,000
- The scholarship funds will be sent directly to the college.
- A student may only receive the scholarship once.
- The Scholarship is open to any field of study. A Natural Resources field of study may receive up to the total 20 points. A Natural Resources field of study may include, but is not limited to: Agribusiness, Agricultural Engineering Technology and Business, Agriculture Information Science and Education, Agricultural Pest Management, Agricultural Science, Agronomy, Animal and Dairy Sciences, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Biological Engineering, Food Science and Technology, Forestry, Human Sciences, Horticulture, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Contracting and Management, and Poultry Science.
- A Point system will be used to determine the winners. (See attached sheet.)
All requested information MUST be attached to the application. We do not always receive reference letters and transcripts when sent separately from the application.
Jerry Smith, MACD President