The objective of the District Employee of the Year Award is to recognize the individual who has best-demonstrated capabilities in the areas of leadership, information/education and assistance to the local soil and water conservation district. All District Employees are eligible for nomination. The soil and water conservation district must submit the nomination for each employee. Each nomination shall be in a narrative form highlighting accomplishment above and beyond normal job duties. The narrative is limited to two pages in length and shall not contain references to the nominee or county. A cover sheet must accompany each narrative containing the nominee’s name; the district served and must be signed by the district chairperson. A District Employee of the Year will be selected by each MACD Area to represent the area for statewide judging. This award will cover a one-year time frame from one MACD Summer Meeting to the next. The narrative will be judged based on the following categories.
- Leadership (30 points)
- How does the individual provide leadership to the soil and water conservation district? Provide at least one example.
- How does the individual provide leadership to other related organizations/agencies or other segments of the community? Provide at least one example.
- Information/Education (30 points)
How does the individual assist the district in information/ education programs/projects? Give two examples.
- Assistance (30 points)
- What contributions has the individual made in creating, expanding or revitalizing new and/or existing programs?
- What assistance has the individual provided to help conserve natural resources?
- Training (10 points)
What training/workshop has the individual participated in to enhance or expand their job performance.